Fireplace Buyer's Guide
Here at Rotherham Fireplace Centre, we have put together a guide for anyone wanting to buy a fireplace. Our expert team have put together a handful of helpful tips and steps, guiding you from choosing the right fireplace right the way through to the post-sale process, fitting and finish. Go through our fireplace buying guide to find the prefect fireplace for your home.
Types of fireplace
Why have a gas fireplace?
- Good levels of durability
- Ability to vary heat settings
- Cleaner than solid fuel fires, and easier to keep going
- Constant, high output of heat
- Better for the environment than solid fuel fires
- Safer as no sparks emitted
- No chimney is required
Why have an electric fireplace?
- Electricity, as a power source, is 100% efficient
- Cheaper than other fireplaces, generally
- No servicing required, lowering your maintenance costs
- Safe choice as no risk of toxic fumes if installed incorrectly
- Many styles and colours to choose between
- No requirement for a chimney
- None of the maintenance required unlike solid fuel fires